1. Because Zaino Show Car Polish is optically perfect (99.9%) the optimum results are achieved by using over wax free paint.
2. If you are looking for the ultimate paint surface preparation use Zaino Z-18 Clay bar first or skip to Step # 3
Note: Only use Z-18 Clay Bar on a clean just washed vehicle, if not you can scratch the painted surface.
Zaino Z-18 Clay bar was designed to remove airborne contaminants, paint over spray, water spots, rail dust, industrial fallout, diesel fuel & catalytic converter residue and any other bonded surface contaminants from paint. All cars even brand new factory paint has airborne contaminants... Here's the deal. The non-abrasive Z-18 Clay bar will remove any surface contaminants from the paint finish and not hurt the clear-coat. The Clay bar will get that paint finish smooth as glass. Now remember water spots, bird droppings and bug guts if left on the paint finish for any length of time will etch into the paint finish. The Clay bar will also remove any store bought waxes....
I recommend you use our car wash (Z-7) as a lubricant for the Clay bar. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the Clay bar. Use ½ to 1 capful of Z-7 Car Wash to 16 ounces of water. I use a spray bottle for the mix. Shake it up and spray the area to be Clayed. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the Clay bar.
3. I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content, which cuts right through carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeaky-clean and wax free.
I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn, but for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though. A car wash is made specifically to clean without removing durable polishes. ALSO, Make sure you remove any water spots, before you apply my products. Because Zaino has no abrasives or harsh solvents it will not remove water spots or stains. Z-18 Clay bar is great for removing any paint surface contaminants (If you still have water spots that the clay bar will not remove, you need to use a product like Zaino Z-PC Fusion, this product contains abrasives and can be used by hand or with a buffer to remove acid rain etching and other contamination that the clay bar would not remove. Zaino Z-PC or 3M SSR contains mild abrasives but use care when using any abrasive product.) Re-wash the entire vehicle with Z-7 Car Wash or Dawn immediately after the Clay bar.
4. The basic products you will need are ZFX, Z-2, Z-5 (optional but highly recommended) Z-6, Z-7, Z-18 and Z-CS.
Note: When applying Zaino polishes use very thin coats, this will give you better results and make you polishes last much longer.
5. Let Z-5 or Z-2 polish dry at least one hour, the use of ZFX in your polishes will greatly reduce the drying times.
Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 or Z-5. The moisture in the air hinders drying time up to four times longer than normal. Sorry, but I can't help this. When you try to remove Z-2 or Z-5 when it is still wet. All you're accomplishing is moving it around. Kind of like reapplying it. Also you need to use a LARGE White 100% cotton Bath size towel or DF microfiber towel (please refer to my Tips & Tricks sheet on my web site for the proper towels to use) to remove Z-2 or Z-5. Smaller towels will not work efficiently.
To test if Z-2 or Z-5 is dry and ready to be removed. Wipe your finger on a hazed section. It should immediately come off and leave a crystal clear finish. If it smears, it is still wet. You can leave Z-2 or Z-5 on for hours or overnight if you desire. When it is not humid Z-2 will take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to dry. Depending on how heavy you applied it. I have applied Z-2 in the Arizona sun and it dried in approx. 3 to 5 minutes. I have also applied it in 38-degree temperature and it took about 2 to 3 hours to dry. Be patient. It's worth it. Different situations affect drying times. Z-2 or Z-5 does not contain any oils and once it's dry will never ever look smeary or feel greasy. If you remove Z-2 or Z-5 before it is thoroughly dry and get any smears. Just wipe down the car with a damp cotton towel. This will remove any smears. Don't use Z-6 until you wipe the car down. If you'd like call me and I'll help you out with more info!
6. After removal of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2, this is not necessary when using ZFX in your polishes.
7. Use Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray as per directions, between each and every coat of Z-5 or Z-2. It really helps give a three dimensional look.
Its anti-static properties will reduce dust and dirt pickup by 60%. Z-6 can be used immediately after removing Z-2 or Z-5 or right before applying the next coat of Z-2 or Z-5. Most of my customers prefer to use Z-6 both, before and after Z-2 or Z-5 for that extra gloss boost.
8. You can switch to Z-2 as soon as you are happy with the way the paint finish looks. Example, no more swirls, scratches etc. It's up to you. Z-2 has higher optical properties than Z-5. You can go from Z-2 to Z-5 and then back to Z-2 as often as you want. Z-2 and Z-5 are 100% compatible and interchangeable. You should always end with Z-2 as the last coat because of its higher optics.
9. The number of coats of Z-2 or Z-5 is up to you. When you reach the level of enhancement you like, normal maintenance with Z-7 Car Wash and Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is all that's necessary. Naturally apply a coat of Z-2 or Z-5 whenever you feel it is required.
10. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS for Z-8 Grand Finale
1) The vehicle should be relatively clean – Z-8 will not replace a car wash or even a typical quick detail spray. If your vehicle is dirty, wash it before using Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal.
2) Use only 100% cotton, made in the USA towels. Most cars will require two towels. A 12" x 12", 19” x 19” or 16” x 29” towel size is ideal.
3) Working with a cool and dry surface, lightly spray an extremely thin mist of Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal on an area of your paint that is approximately 3' x 3’. Buff immediately with the dry side of your towel, turning frequently.
4) Do not allow Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal to dry on your finish. If Zaino Z-8 dries by itself, simply wipe down the affected area again.
5) For best results, use Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal very sparingly. Like Z-6, a 1/2 ounce will do your entire car, including the rims. A 16-ounce bottle of Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal should detail your vehicle 20-30
NOTE: One application of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 will outlast anything in the industry and is all you'll ever need for an average vehicle. However, Multiple coats will achieve an even deeper, wetter-looking, ultra high gloss. Plus higher paint protection. It's up to you.... You be the judge...
ALWAYS use only 100% Cotton towels or DF cotton microfiber towels. They must be made in USA. Brand name (Martex) large white bath size towels.
Call us and we will give you some more tips on your specific situation, our phone number is 215-938-0991.
A BEAUTIFUL SHOW CAR FINISH IN A DAY!
Zaino Show Car Polish is designed to be layered. With each layer you apply, your car's paint looks better and feels smoother. Depth, gloss and clarity all increase with each coat.
Like all other polymer based polish and protection systems, Zaino Show Car Polish must cure before applying subsequent coats. The curing process allows the polymer chains to cross-link, building strength and durability. If the polymer strands have not cross-linked (cured), applying a fresh coat of polish will not achieve the optimum layered result. Consequently, creating a show car finish can be a long process of applying a layer, waiting, and applying another layer.
The Wait is Over!
Zaino Bros' ZFX™ Show Car Polish accelerator solves the wait problem. We worked for several years to engineer a molecular reaction that causes the polymers in Zaino Show Car Polish to set rapidly. Using ZFX™ with your choice of Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5 Show Car Polish, it is now possible to apply two or three coats of polish in a single day to create beautiful show car special effects. The result is nothing less than stunning.
ZFX™ saves you time and effort. It's no longer necessary to keep your car in the garage for a whole weekend just so you can apply two or three coats of polish. Using ZFX™, you'll apply multiple coatsin just a few hours.
Prior to using ZFX™ Enabled Show Car Polish
Before applying ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish, wash, dry and inspect your car’s finish. It should be very smooth. If the paint has a rough, bumpy feel, you have surface contamination which must be removed using our Z-18 Clay Bar.
Prior to using Zaino Show Car Polish for the first time, we recommend using Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. Dawn will dissolve wax and other sealants, and easily removes grease, tar and bug remains. Be sure to rinse your car very well after using Dawn. After your first application of Zaino Show Car Polish, use Z-7 Show Car Wash for regular washing.
Mixing ZFX™ with Show Car Polish
Each ZFX™ kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX™ kit provides enough mix to accommodate 16 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish.
Pour one to two ounces (I suggest never mixing more than 1 oz.) of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle, one ounce will do an average car two times (you will use more the 1st application because you have no “wax” on your car). For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds.
While you get your towels and applicators ready, allow the ZFX™ enabled Zaino Show Car Polish to sit for five minutes so the ZFX™ can begin activating the polish. Give the applicator bottle a final shake for 10 seconds before using.
Applying ZFX™ Enabled Show Car Polish
Follow these easy steps:
1) Apply Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ with a 100%, made in the USA, cotton applicator. Use the polish sparingly. A small amount goes a long way, and you will be applying multiple coats.
2) Squirt a dime size dab of polish on your applicator and rub it into your paint in the direction of bumper to bumper on the top surfaces (hood, trunk and roof) and up and down on the sides (ground to roof). Allow the polish to haze over (20 minutes is sufficient).
3) Buff off the Show Car Polish residue with a high quality, 100%, made in the USA, cotton-detailing towel.
4) After buffing, spray the car with a light mist of Z-6 Ultra Clean™ detailing spray. Z-6 will help buff away any remaining residue and enhances the brightness of the finish. Using Z-6, the next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish will apply even easier.
You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton-buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish.
Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24-hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX™ enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton-buffing towel or DF Microfiber towel for removal of each coat.
Note: When you are finished polishing, wash the mixing bottle inside and out with a heavy concentration of liquid dishwashing detergent and thoroughly rinse, you can also use isopropyl alcohol and then rinse with liquid detergent. The ZFX™ mixing bottles cannot be reused if the polish remains in the bottle for more than 12 hours. After 12 hours, it is not possible to completely clean the mixing bottle. Throw the mixing bottle and any unused polish contents away after 12 hours.
H. Carl Voellm